Our Affinity integration allows you to connect all of the fields and companies from an Affinity account with the platform. Once on the platform they function like any other field with the ability to search, filter, graph, and more. Integrations can be controlled and managed by administrators only.
How does Affinity data look on the platform?
Just as you expect. It appears as a card on company profiles, you can see it on your Sources dropdown, filter the fields like any other, create graphs, and more.
Can I edit my Affinity data from the platform?
No you cannot. Your Affinity data is read only so it stays safe. This is also true for the companies you import from Affinity. If you wish to update your Affinity data you need to login to your Affinity account and make changes there and then sync the integration.
What kinds of fields are supported? Do I have to integrate all of them?
We support all fields except: person, organization, and opportunity.
You do not have to integrate every field. When you setup your integration you can select any combination of fields you want to be shown on the platform.
Can I share access to my Affinity data with other groups?
Yes, you can share access to some or all of your Affinity data with other groups. They will have access to the integration you create for them but cannot edit it. They are able to manage which fields they want to make active or passive and whether or not they want to use the integration. You can give multiple groups access to a single integration or create multiple integrations with different settings tied to a single Affinity account.
How often is the data updated?
As often as you need. For individual companies, every time you open the profile. To sync your data and companies, sync the integration.
- Open your Admin Settings.
- Under your group’s settings, go to the Connections tab.
- Scroll down until you see Integrations, click the checkbox next to Affinity.
- The integration is enabled. Affinity will now appear in your Connections tab under Integrations.
- Go to Connections.
- Click the Integrations tab and select Affinity.
- Click Add Integration.
- Name your integration. This name will appear on the Affinity card, in the sources dropdown, etc. We recommend naming it the Salesforce account you are connecting to so you can easily tell what’s what.
- Click Log Into Affinity. You will see a popup from Tray.io (our integration provider, learn more about logging into Affinity here). Follow the steps and login to your Affinity account as you normally would.
- Once you are successfully authenticated, proceed to the Fields step. Here you will see every Affinity field you have access to. Select some or all of the fields you would like to appear on the platform. Proceed to the Connect step.
- Select which groups should have access to this integration. Your group is selected by default so if you would like this integration to stay private to you, make no changes and proceed to the Review step.
- Here you will see a summary of the selections you made. This include the group that owns the integration (whichever one created it), the number of fields you you selected that will appear on the platform, the number of companies that will appear in your group, and which groups have access to this integration. If this is all correct, click Save.
- You’re all set! The integration will now appear on the table below, the companies will be added to your All Companies list, and company profiles will now be enriched with MD365 data.
- During the integration creation flow (or when editing an existing integration) navigate to the Connect step. You will see a search input. Search for the name of any group your group is connected with.
- On the Review step you will see that they will have access to your integration once you Save it. Click Save.
- The receiver of your integration will now see it appear under their Affinity integration in Connections. It is automatically connected so their companies are enriched with data and the companies will appear in their All Companies (so their Tracked Companies are unaffected).
- They can click the Manage button to review the details of the integration that was made available to them. They can choose whether they would like to disconnect the integration.
- Go to your Connections page.
- Go to the Integrations tab and click Affinity.
- Scroll to the right of the table and under Actions click “Sync integration”.
- In Connections on the Affinity profile, select the integration you would like to delete. Click the Delete button.